Wednesday, November 4, 2009

oh Hanson


Jack and I went on our 4th walk together. He actually really enjoyed it and went to the Washington DC show with Brandon and I. He only went on the baltimore walk and that night I went to the show with some girlfriends. On the way to the walk we talked about how some kids are not as lucky as him and how blessed he is. I tried to explain in words he would understand that we were walking and helping kids who needed it. He seemed to understand and when Zac walked with us he said "Thank you Zac for helping the kids!"
I think it is important as we raise our Children to show them how lucky they are to be born into part of the world where they can be healthy and safe. How they will not go to bed hungry or be without clothing and shoes. I hope that we will be able to raise Jack and our furture children without them ever having a sense of entitlement. I hope that we can show Jack that no matter what race, religion, backround, etc that person is; a person is a person and treating everyone equally is what is most important. My parents raised me that only God is allowed to judge. I am proud to say that I have friends of all walks of life and love them equally. I hope my children will have the same experiences.

No comments: